In CONSEQUENCE NEWS..................

This week, Queens rapper Consequence inked a deal with Universal/Motown Records and now he's preparing to release his sophomore album which will be executive produced by Kanye West and Q-Tip. blogger caught up with the Cons to discuss the upcoming LP.
Consequence recently inked a deal with Sylvia Rhone, the head of Universal/Motown. The G.O.O.D. Music rapper's deal with Sony/BMG soured shortly after the release of his debut, Don't Quit Your Day Job.

Cons continued to promote the album on his own and that caught the attention of Rhone who happened to sign Cons to his first deal with Elektra Records many years ago.
Now he's hard at work on his follow-up which is aptly titled, You Win Some, You Lose Some.
"Day Job came out, I got it out on Sony but the first week was slow--You win some, you lose some," he said. "I couldn't get my first single played on MTV--You lose some. But the "Good the Bad and the Ugly" makes it to TRL--You win some. I think that's the perfect title for this album."
The new album, which is expected to drop during the summer of 2009 will be co-executive produced by two long time Consequene associates, Q-Tip and Kanye West.
"That's something that Consequence wanted and Kanye and I spoke and we were with it," Q-Tip told blogger. "I think our roles will be the administrators of the heat. [Kanye's] cool. That's my man. We'll work seperately and together. We'll collaborate."

According to Consequence, West was very excited about prospect of swapping loops with Q-Tip. "For Kanye, even with him being a mega star, it's still a high for him to do it because he's a Tribe fan. He loves Tribe."

Consequence told blogger that having Q-Tip and Ye onboard fufills his need for big name features though he did hint at a possible appearance by Jay-Z. Consequence battled Jigga in a game of Connect four during one of the first episodes of his Cons TV internet series.
"I may reach out to a couple of friends that I played Connect Four with," he laughed.
Though Consequence has built a tremendous amount of buzz on the internet by blogging and releasing viral video clips, he's well aware that online views don't necessarily translate to sales.
"What the internet does is heighten your odds but at the end of the day you still gotta make a great record," he said. "Shit, I hope I get a record sale for every hit I got on Cons TV. That means I'll go triple platinum. But if [it] has the effect of 5-10% [increase in sales] then that puts me in a better positiion retail wise than I was last album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"UPDATED DAILY"
myspace.com/215partylife